Swing Sets vs Trampolines
When one becomes a parent, something inside of you shifts dramatically; we rearrange our priorities to ensure our kid’s safety. As they grow, you will still want to keep them safe- even with the things they enjoy, like swing sets and trampolines.
Bluntly said, trampolines and playsets can both be dangerous if certain safety guidelines are ignored, however, trampoline accidents are continuously on the rise, something that does not happen as frequently with play sets. According to Mayo Clinic, concerns about trampoline jumping are totally justified.
Trampoline Safety For Young Kids
Trampoline jumping poses a high risk of injury for anyone, especially young kids. This fun activity can be not as much fun when it results in sprains and fractures in the arms or legs, or even worse, head and neck injuries. The risk of injury is so high that the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly discourages the use of trampolines at home. Trampoline park injuries also are on the rise and that is because kids in public playgrounds are less supervised than they are at home.
Swing Sets Safety
The dangers that a playset can represent are small in comparison to those of a trampoline but they are also much easier to prevent, plus, Adventure World Play Sets makes sure that all our swing sets and playsets have strict standard safety features, for example:
- All entrance ladders come with no-slip steps and safety rails.
- Rubber-coated swing chains provide a pinch-free grip.
- Wood-grain texture on decking and rock walls increase traction.
- Heavy duty, spring clip swing-hangers.
Swing Sets: Some safety play sets recommendations we give our customers are:
- Make sure that the set has enough space all around, not close to trees or branches, fences or driveways.
- Don’t forget that the ground where your swing set will stand, is completely level.
- Make sure the slats or guardrails are less than 3 1/2 inches apart, so a child can’t stick his or her head through and get stuck.
Always remember, whether with a trampoline, a playset or both, think SAFETY FIRST!