Best Outdoor Playsets for 8-Year Olds
While there’s never a wrong age to give your kids the gift of outdoor play, 8-years old is one of the most popular ages that parents pick. At this age, most kids are ready for the big thrills that come with larger and taller sets — yet there is still room for them to grow into an expanded set as well. Discover what the best outdoor playsets for 8-year olds all have in common!
At Adventure World Play Sets, we craft a range of vinyl playsets for kids that are enjoyed across the country. Since many of our sets can be enjoyed by a wide age range of kids (and even adults), we’re highlighting the traits of great playsets for 8-year olds. Keep reading to discover what you’re looking for — and build a custom set right here!
7 Traits of Great Swing Sets for Ages 8 and Up
In a lot of ways, 8-year olds are right between being big and little kids. Their imaginations are growing at a rapid rate, and they are more excited for athletic, high-energy play. The things that make a good swing set for ages 8 and up are very similar to what makes a great swing set for ANY kid — but there are a few additional things to keep in mind to help make their new set extra special.
Here’s what you’re looking for:
- Ultra-Strong & Safe Construction — Swing sets for ages 8 and up absolutely must be built durably and be able to accommodate far more weight than a set for younger kids. As children get older and bigger, a flimsy set might fail to safely support their increasingly high-energy play. To ensure maximum safety, every single Adventure World set is made with double-reinforced corners and a swing beam that has been tested to support 2,000 pounds of pressure.
- Tons of Different Accessories — Every playset gets better with more exciting and creative accessories. However, when the set is meant to entertain older kids, the variety that comes from these accessories becomes even more crucial. Some of the most in-demand accessories provide extra ways to climb (like the chain ladder and the rock wall) — while other small accessories (like the megaphone and telescope) are always cool for older kids to explore.
- A Set That Will Last as Long as You Need — When you buy a premium playset, you are making something of an investment in your kids being able to enjoy playing outdoors. Check the lifespan of that playset to make sure that you are getting the most out of your set. The sturdy wood frame of all of our sets is 100% wrapped in maintenance-free vinyl to ensure the set will last for decades in the elements — without needing ANY maintenance whatsoever! That way, your kids will enjoy the set at 8-years-old and they will be able to swing on it for years down the road, too!
- Speedy Slides — As kids get older, their desire for fast-paced, heart-pumping fun gets more intense. On swing sets for ages 8 and up, you’ll want to consider choosing taller towers, which can accommodate faster and longer slides. Plus, perfectly straight slides can be swapped out for the curved and twisty variety whenever you want. See the different types of playground slides we offer!
- Imagination Options — This is the age where young imaginations really begin to blossom — and the best swing sets for ages 8 and up foster that! We build multiple pieces and accessories specifically designed for imaginative play. The lemonade stand — which lets your kids pretend they run their own little business — is one of the most popular imagination-first extras. On the other hand, a built-in sand box can give your kids ample room to build their own worlds…made out of sand.
- Multiple Towers — When building swing sets for 8-year olds and older kids, you’ll likely want more play options and an overall bigger set. That’s why many of our sets come with (or can include) multiple towers. Not only does this increase the overall play space, but it makes navigating between play areas on the set a game all on its own.
- Custom Possibilities — One other thing about kids in this age range is that they’re starting to develop a TON of their own opinions…and that’s a fantastic thing! Since you can design a 100% unique set from the ground up, you can custom tailor the set to their wants — and they can help you design it, too! You can select everything from the types of swings and slides to all the different accessories, as well as how the entire set fits together. To make the custom design process as easy — and exciting — as possible, we built a full 3D custom design center. After all, the best outdoor playset for an 8-year old is one they design themself!
Easy-to-Own Swing Sets
Not only are these swing sets for 8-year olds (and kids of all ages) sure to delight young imaginations, but they are convenient for parents to own as well. Since every single one of our playsets are covered in a weatherproof vinyl sheath, you never need to worry about having to repaint or re-stain your set to keep it from growing mold and rot. That’s perfect for busy parents who want to buy an amazing playset for their kids, NOT another backyard chore.
On top of that, unlike cheap DIY swing sets, our sets are built to last. That means you’ll be able to count on them providing a great place to play for as long as your kids want it! There’s no doubt, you’ll more than get your money’s worth when you bring home one of our sets!
Bring Home the Best Outdoor Playsets for 8-Year Olds
Whether you want to choose one of our popular playset models or build your own, we’re certain that we have many choices that fit among the best outdoor playsets for 8-year olds!
The first step of bringing home your set is to work with your local dealer. We make all of our sets available through our dealer network, a group of local experts spread throughout the country. Your local Adventure World dealer will be able to custom design your set and get you the price to take care of everything. Enter your zip code to find your local dealer!Find Your Playset Dealer