Upgrading to a Older Kid Swing Set
At Adventure World Play Sets, we build the outdoor equipment that kids of all ages LOVE! While our swing sets can be a great introduction to outdoor fun for children as young as 6 months old, we build sturdy and exciting swing sets for older kids as well.
Swing Sets For Older Kids
With faster slides, stronger swings, and action-oriented accessories, our sets can boast all of the fun that gets older kids motivated to play outside. What really makes Adventure World Play Sets stand out, though, is that you can upgrade a set that was once perfect for little kids into a big kid swing set as your children get older.
Since we offer so many customizable options — and thanks to our play sets’ legendary durability! — you can buy one swing set for your kids and just keep improving it over the years. See our picks for the best upgrades to help your play set grow up with them!
5 Play Set Upgrades Big Kids Will Love
When searching for the right accessories and upgrades to build onto a big kid swing set, you need to think about the way they play outside and how that’s changed as they’ve gotten older. Not only do older kids want more exciting outlets for their energy, but they want more options for both structured and imaginative play, too.
Here are the 5 best upgrades you can make to your Adventure World Play Set to make it as popular as ever with your kids:
- Extra Towers — One of the biggest investments you can make in your play set is adding a whole other tower onto your set. This builds a totally new place for your kids to play — and it opens up the possibility of adding all types of new big kid accessories. Adventure World sets are built to be customizable, which means you can easily add on another tower, connecting it with an ultra-fun Crawl Tube connector or wobbly bridge. See all of our play set tower connectors.
- Athletic Accessories — As your kids get older, they like showing off what they can do — and training to get even better at it. This type of goal-oriented play makes our athletic accessories a popular choice for big kids. Some of the best examples of these play set accessories are our rock walls, our overhead climbers and trapeze ring climber.
- Slides — One of the best reasons to add another play set is to have access to taller and faster slides. Older children want to go fast — and we have the slides that meet their need for speed, including 7 and nine foot tall slides. Our Extreme Ripple Rush Slide, Twisty Turbo Tube, and Super Spiral Slide are perfect for older kid play sets — see all of our slide options.
- Imagination Accessories — As kids get older their imaginations develop, and that’s an amazing thing to see — and nurture. Some of the best upgrades and additions that you can make for your bigger kids’ play set are imagination accessories like the lemonade or ice cream stand or the very detailed Happy Hideout playhouse. Adding these play set accessories gives your children a very different — but equally great! — way to play outside.
- Bigger Swings — Ultimately, swings are the basis of almost every set we build, and that’s because they offer hours of timeless fun. As your kids get bigger and taller, they need swings to keep up. That’s why our sets are built with adjustable swing hangers that let you easily attach the right size swings for your kids, no matter their age. Plus, we also offer a wide selection of other swings that pack the thrills for big kids, including Cyclone Disks, Trapeze Ball, Ball Swing, Chain Climber Swing, and the ever popular tire swings.
All of these upgrades can keep your play set relevant for your big kids and can even compete with the ever-present allure of 21st century technology. However, if you don’t have one of our play sets, this is the perfect time to start exploring everything we have to offer.
What Makes Adventure World Play Sets Stand Out?
At Adventure World Play Sets, our swing sets and play sets stand out because we build them to be safe, long-lasting, and exciting.
Our sets are coated in vinyl which ensures that children never get splinters when playing on any part of their sets. In addition, the vinyl sheath ensures that our sets are impervious to rot and mold which can destroy wooded play sets in a matter of years.
Finally, our custom sets look like no others thanks to their exciting tall towers and gorgeous colors. Plus, we give customers the ability to create totally custom sets with our one-of-a-kind 3D design center!Try Our 3D Design Center
Build Your Swing Set for Big Kids with Us Today
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your much-loved Adventure World Play Set, or you want to buy a brand-new swing set for your big kids, the first step is finding your nearest dealer.
At Adventure World Play Sets, we only sell our products through our exclusive dealer network. Our dealers do it all — from helping you with your play set design to taking care of its installation!
Enter your zip code to be paired with the outdoor play expert who can help you design your upgrades or your brand-new set. Get started today!